If you’ve watched any of our other How To videos, you know I hate baking and following directions. But Miss Jennifer Harris, my partner in crime in the kitchen, told me she makes killer miso cookies, so I had to try them. Plus, every time she makes me bake, I get better and better.
These cookies are the perfect combination of sweet and salty, chewy and crunchy. If you’re really into the miso flavor and are looking for a cookie that isn’t as sweet, reduce your amount of sugar by a 1/4 cup.
2 cups of crunchy peanut butter
2 cups of Light Brown Sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1/2 cup of white miso
1/2 cup almond flour
3/4 cup of cacao nibs
3/4 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix eggs sugar and miso with an electric mixer
- Add peanut butter and almond flour and hand stir
- Add nibs and chocolate chips and hand stir
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Scoop out approx. 1 TBSP of dough and arrange cooking on baking sheet, leaving 1″ between each one
- Gently flatten with a smaller piece of parchment paper (they are sticky and will stick to a fork or your hand)
- Bake for 10 min.
- Let them cool for about 10 min on the baking sheet before removing them to a cooling rack. (Letting them set is crucial for this type of cookie texture. Don’t skip this step)